This recipe can be vegetarian or not. Add things to suit your own taste.
- 2-3 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste (check ingredients for sugar-Thai Kitchen is a good brand)
- 1 Tbsp oil (coconut oil is great!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 14 oz can good coconut milk
- 2-3 sprigs fresh Thai basil
Any of the following:
- 2-3 chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 each red and green pepper
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup veggie stock or water
- Heat oil in heavy-bottomed pot and add onions. Cook 2 minutes on med-low heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant and soft.
- Whisk curry paste into coconut milk and add to onions.
- Add chicken (if using) and stock and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Add veggies and simmer until al dente.
- Add salt to taste. Garnish with basil and serve with brown rice or quinoa.