- 4 medium-sized bell peppers (could use zucchini or stuffing tomatoes instead)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef (vegetarians – tvp)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp candida-friendly Dijon mustard
- 1 15-oz can chopped tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley and oregano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Slice tops of peppers and reserve. Scrape out seeds
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add meat, onion, garlic and chilies and stir until meat is cooked. Add thyme, mustard, tomatoes, paste, and 1 ¾ c water and simmer until mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and season.
- Fill peppers with meat mixture. Place peppers is baking dish with sides. Place tops on and brush with oil. Add a little water to bottom.
- Bake until tender, 50-60 minutes.