Try this dish with dandelion greens, Swiss chard, kale, or any other dark leafy green.
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp well-stirred tahini (ground sesame paste)
- 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup water
- 15 oz. loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Blend together garlic, tahinini, lemon juice, salt and ¼ cup water until smooth.
- Bring remaining ½ cup water to a simmer in a 12 inch skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add spinach in handfuls, tossing with tongs, and cook until wilted – about 5 minutes.
- Drain spinach in a large sieve set over a bowl, pressing to extract any excess liquid.
- Discard liquid and wipe bowl dry. Stir together spinach and tahini mixture in bowl. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.